Tuesday 30 September 2014

Meet the Team - Rachel Smith





Name: Rachel Smith

Job Title: Finance Coordinator

Venue: All venues

Favourite Drink: Fizzy Vimto or Cider - depending on the time of day!

Favourite Meal: Moussaka

I started working for Creative... in 2006 at the NEC in Birmingham, I had just finished university so I was looking for a new challenge. I started off as bar staff then became a Bar Manager within a few months after which I became Staffing Manager. I had a few years off travelling and then came back as Office and Commercial Manager after the Olympics, which then turned into my current role in finance.

In a nutshell my role is... quite hectic! I process all invoices for the majority of our venues and outdoor catering department, and during the summer months I help out as a Commercial Manager by cashing up at busy festivals as well as helping out at other venues when they have busy shows on.

On an average day... I am processing hundreds of invoices!!

My most rewarding moment was... (I have a few!) Working at the Olympics, meeting Gordon Ramsay and Jamie Oliver at the NE, watching my favourite bands at various festivals and getting to work with a great group of people.

My most challenging moment was... working long hours and for many days in a row at the Boat Show, Grand Designs and Travel Market at ExCeL Exhibition Centre. All worth it though!

I couldn’t cope without... great colleagues, they keep you upbeat when you need it most!

Best piece of advice... be nice to everyone, you may need their help in the future.